Are you an experienced retailer looking for a new challenge?
Are you passionate about exceptional customer service?
Can you handle multiple projects at once?
Are you looking for a job where no two days are the same?
If you can answer YES to the above questions then Webbs have an exciting opportunity for you.
The newly created position of Retail Operations Coordinator (Wychbold) has a varied remit including:
- Customer Experience Management
Direct contact with customers by telephone, face to face and in writing
Analysing data from different sources (Mystery Shopper, Comments Cards etc) and making recommendations for keeping customers happy
Interacting with customers via social media
Overseeing our loyalty card administration
- Events Organisation
Ensuring the smooth set up, running and close down of on-site events such as pumpkin carving or the Motor Show
Liaising with external suppliers, colleagues and customers to ensure deadlines are met
Coaching colleagues so they can participate in events effectively
Managing multiple projects
- Site Operations
Assisting the Operations Manager with planned or unexpected site issues
Overseeing external contractors
Duty Manager/Keyholder duties following training
To be successful in this role you will need to be naturally customer focused and positive with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must have a flexible, hard working and professional approach. You will have excellent IT skills and the ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload. You will need at least 3 years’ retail experience.
This is a full time and permanent position which involves working 4 weekdays plus alternate weekends. Flexibility in working hours will be expected as you will need to work some evenings/additional weekends in order to ensure events run smoothly.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life insurance, private medical insurance, generous staff discount, national retailer discounts and free onsite parking.
Closing date: Monday 13th July
To manage the Catering business at Webbs stores (Wychbold, West Hagley, The Ice Cafe), to ensure the food offer becomes a reason to visit our stores in its own right as a by-word for fresh, local quality, in a relaxing environment.
- Inspiring the Catering teams in delivering excellent front of house customer service by greeting customers, handling their enquiries in an organised and timely fashion and handling complaint scenarios with empathy and an unfailing customer focus.
- Working closely with the Chairman and appointed experts in the strategic direction of catering and food offer at Webbs over the next 2-3 years during this period of exciting investment.
- Spotting opportunities for growth, food presentation and menu development through commercial analysis of our EPOS reporting system and knowledge of ever changing food trends.
- Negotiating key terms of supply with catering suppliers to ensure menu development that matches our target customer profiles and fulfils our gross margin targets.
- Having a sharp eye on front of house standards and motivating the front of house supervisory team to deliver superb levels of customer service within agreed wage ratios using our in-house rota tool.
- Motivating the kitchen team leader and kitchen team to ensure resource organisation, food and hygiene standards and stock levels remain at pre-agreed levels and that there is continual communication between front and back of house.
- Regularly visiting our West Hagley store to work with the store manager and catering supervisor to ensure that quality and service standards are being exceeded within budget, and new food ideas are being carried across from Wychbold on a seasonal basis.
- Forging a vibrant, energetic, customer focused team, regularly appraised on performance good and bad, kept in touch with targets, informed and passionate in the communication of new food development and promotions.
- Working closely in partnership with our marketing team to ensure a regular stream of seasonal food promotions are in place that drive footfall & revenue to the stores and that are presented in high quality fashion.
- Work closely with the foodhall buyer on new food opportunities for both restaurant and foodhall.
- To manage repair and renewal contracts with all catering equipment suppliers and ensure machinery is kept at optimum working order, whilst preparing sensible annual replacement budgets for board consideration.
- With HR department support; identify and lead any performance management or disciplinary issues as they arise, head up team recruitment and ensure regular customer service, food preparation and Barista training is permanently in place.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Navision, Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Outlook.
- Accuracy and correct grammar when responding to customers by email or letter.
- Organised and keeps workspace clear & clutter free.
- Contract negotiation skills with catering suppliers.
- Ability to present investment and new business opportunities to board level and management peers.
- Will be catering college trained with direct experience of managing both kitchens, front of house and commercial catering operations.
- A positive manner and ability to handle customer service requests with patience, enthusiasm and courtesy.
- Passionate about fresh food quality, presentation and taste with an ability to forge local supply networks.
- Ability to lead and inspire a busy diverse catering and kitchen team, to teach them new skills and to organise them efficiently for best service within wage budgets.
- Ambassadorial in dealings with suppliers and Tillington buying group colleagues.
- Open to new ideas and suggestions from other management peers and board members, to test and prove their commercial worth & implement with marketing
Key Terms and Conditions
- Full time and permanent, subject to completion of 6 months probationary period.
- 6/4 rota (4 weekdays including one late night and alternate weekends).
- 33 days annual leave.
- 5% pension contribution following qualifying period.
- Life Assurance scheme worth 2 x annual salary.
- WebbsPerks employee discount scheme.
- 25% staff discount, 50% in restaurant.
- Private health cover following completion of probation.
Closing date: Monday 13th July
Landscapes Assistant – Wychbold
Full Time – 6/4 rota, including alternate weekends and one late night
We are looking for an outgoing, positive customer focused individual to join our Landscapes team. You will greet every customer with a smile, provide expert advice to help with their Landscaping projects and ensure the customer leaves happy.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent service and sales skills, and will be able to advise customers competently regarding landscapes materials and projects, including fencing, aggregates and paving, etc. This role also involves taking customer orders, use of in house database, liaising with suppliers/colleagues/customers by telephone and email, merchandising, housekeeping and upholding high levels of health and safety. Due to the nature of the products, this role involves a degree of manual handling; training and equipment will be provided.
Closing date: Monday 13th July
To apply for the above vacancies please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an application form available from Reception or www.webbs.co.uk. Please submit completed applications to the HR Manager, Webbs Garden Centres Ltd., Worcester Road, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire. WR9 0DG.